Thread: Zoladex
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 06:19 AM   #3
Lien

Re: Zoladex

Hi Jenny,

I think the most important reason for them to suggest not taking Femara for 3 weeks is that, indeed, your ovaries are stimulated and the Femara would be useless. I had Zoladex for 5 years and did fine on it. Never had Herceptin or chemo, but my tumor was small. I can't drink wine because of grape allergy, but have been drinking a few glasses of cider a week for years and am still recurrence free. I was diagnosed in 2004.

I suppose your diagnosis was more serious than mine, and you have such young kids still, which makes you more nervous about having a drink. However, I don't think just a few glasses, like one on your birthday and one at Xmas will make a big difference. It is the cumulative effect that increases the risk.

My periods came back after quitting Zoladex at age 50. I couldn't believe I had to go out and buy tampons again. I also developed a fibroid. Sigh. Hopefully Menopause will kick in soon. I'm 52 now.

May you see your kids graduate, move to their own places and have babies without ever having to deal with cancer again.

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote