View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #15
chemteach

Re: crazy request for my oncologist?

Coolbreeze, I read your blog, and my philosophy is similar to yours. You made me laugh even when it really isn't funny. Liver chips in urine, and the potholes on the road to Sacramento. I missed the first 10 days of school because of my mastectomy, but I needed to be in the classroom with my students. I'm the chemistry teacher. They are on this journey with me, and we laugh together at my flat chest, hair loss, and so on, yet they are concerned. They keep me focused on what is important and are my inspiration. Apparently, I inspire them because they've been incredibly supportive with their words, thoughts, prayers, hugs, really cute hats, and working hard when I must miss for the chemo. I was an honorary team captain for the football team because I love all those boys. They've been or are my students. I cheer for them. They've learned with me, and I know that knowledge is powerful for all of us whether it's good news or bad. Faculty members are positive and in good spirits for me because I am, and I must agree with you. It is all about how we deal with this.
9/19/2011 Started TCH every 3 weeks, TC for six cycles, Herceptin for 1 year

May all of your dreams bloom like daisies in the sun....
chemteach is offline   Reply With Quote