View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
tricia keegan

Re: Decisions, decisions

Hi Caroline,

I'm sorry you're dealing with this a second time, I did herceptin when my chemo was finished but rads were ongoing and was fine.
I also am highly triple positive like you so decided early on to have an ooph and take arimidex and my onc agreed, I'm into my sixth year on it now and have no regrets.
I also was treated with Adriamycin and for me, it was tougher than a Taxane but was glad at the time they treated it aggressively and obviously its worked so far, we're all different and you may find it easier to tolerate but I was reading some newer studies showing due to the risk to the heart this was not the preferred option these days by Dr Slamon, due to the heart risk posed by herceptin and this drug! I think the preferred protocol I read was Cytoxin/taxol/herceptin but I may be incorrect and others may know more of this, even since I was dx a lot of the treatment and thinking has changed. I do wish you well in whatever you choose in treating this and please keep us posted!

P.S I'd like to ask you a question as I know an elderly lady (from another cancer site) who has bowel cancer and lives alone and is also from British Columbia but originally from the U.K and was wondering if there are any local cancer networks or forums I could direct her to there???
Thanks!
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote