Thread: TCH Revisited
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 10:02 PM   #19
chemteach

Re: TCH Revisited

Alice, thank you for the tip about the baking soda and salt water rinse. That's been helpful! I have my final round of 4 chemo treatments on Monday just in time for Thanksgiving. At least I won't have to miss as much school this time!
Lively, I am on the same treatment regimen as you and will be on Herceptin for a year. I hope that will be the last of this. It has been do-able, not pleasant, but necessary. Like you, I know there are many who have had way worse experiences in all this, so I am thankful for all I've gone through. A positive attitude is essential! People comment about that all the time, and it makes my attitude even more positive. My students inspire me, and I inspire them! This will be a school year of many special memories.
I have gained about 10 pounds which irritates me very much. They say it's because of the dexamethazone. I'm anxious to get back into anexercise routine after this treatment is behind me, and I won't be as fatigued. Have any of you had concerns or problems getting into exercise, like P90X or Insanity, after mastectomy? I'm thinking of starting around Christmas break.
You all are terrific, and your responses throughout the website as so helpful. Thank you
9/19/2011 Started TCH every 3 weeks, TC for six cycles, Herceptin for 1 year

May all of your dreams bloom like daisies in the sun....
chemteach is offline   Reply With Quote