View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #11
twosenuf99

Re: In the hospital and need advice

Thanks Nancy, Candlegranny and Rich66,

I actually escaped the hospital last Friday in time for my kids 12th birthday weekend. They did confirm the infection is Cellulitis. Came home with the PICC Line and Vanco 1250 MG for 14 days. Saw the PS today and she is still hoping to save the expander but I saw the Onc today and she says she doesn't think it can be saved. We will see what happens. Still in alot of pain but dealing with it. Onc is pushing to start chemo again next Friday and she is pushing to replace the PICC Line with another port but I basically informed her today no surgery to replace the port until after the first of the year. Since we are starting chemo ASAP I want a break from the rest because mentally I am so ready to walk away and say no more treatment what so ever. Anyway enough of my griping.. Thanks for the advice, well wishes and good thoughts.. Always thinking about my new found friends here and what part of their journey they are on.
Diagnosed right Invasive Ductal Breast Cancer which spread to my lymph node 5-13-2011.
Between Stage 2 and 3 with tumors grade III. ER/PR- but Her2neu+++
PET Scan clear
Breast MRI showed 2 masses in left, 5 in the right and 2 in the lymph node.
Biopsy of left mass benign
Joined clinical trial which required second biopsy of one of the right masses
Port placed May 27, 2011
Began Chemo (Taxol, Herceptin and Tykerb) on June 1, 2011 - September 12, 2011
Bi-lateral Mastectomy with reconstruction (expanders) October 3, 2011
FEC 12 weeks
Radiation 6 weeks
Herceptin 8 months finish September 2012
Exchange surgery August 3, 2012
Been NED since October 2011
Lymphedema right arm since Nov 2013
twosenuf99 is offline   Reply With Quote