View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
Kellennea

Re: Last herceptin tomorrow!

Congrats Emma! I finished my Herceptin last Wednesday... Everything you are feeling is totally "normal". I still feel that way

When I was originally dx, my oncologist had me fill out a bunch of paperwork and one of the forms was regarding treatment. One of them was a sign-off on treatment and at the very top of this documant it said "treatment for cure of..." and there was a check mark next to it. My oncologist told me back then that we were going for cure. At my last herception visit she used the word "cured". I'll take that with a grain of salt as well. My next follow-up appointment is on the 28th and then I will do 3 month check-ups. I asked for a PET scan (just to make sure everything was a-okay) and I was told that scans were not used for patients that had clear nodes. I think that kinds stinks because HER2+ is so sneaky. I do get chest MRIs yearly and mammos every 6 months plus blood work every 3 months (including tumor makers)

I am currently taking Tamoxifen to shut down estrogen production.

So, yay for you! Everyone kept telling me to celebrate... I finally felt better after I did

k
11/3/10 -2.5cm tumor removed via lumpectomy, clear margins. sentinal node biopsy - nodes clear!
12/2/10 - port placement
12/2/10 to 3/17/11 - 6 rounds of taxotere, carboplatin & herceptin every 3rd week.
04/20/11 - 6/6/11 - 33 rounds of radiation
4/6/11 to 11/2/11 - 11 additional rounds of herceptin every 3rd week
7/15/11 - port removal
7/5/11 started my 5 year journey on Tamoxifen
9/4/11 -1 yr Chest MRI - CLEAN!!!!
9/5/12 -2 yr Chest MRI - CLEAN!!!!
8/29/12 - Started spotting after being in chemopause 1.5 years. Ultra sound detected 6cm ovary mass & very thick lining. YIKES! Taken off Tamoxifen
9/6/12 - Full abdominal hysterectomy. Pathology report came back clean... thank you baby Jesus!!
9/28/12 - Started Anastrozole
Kellennea is offline   Reply With Quote