View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 12:43 AM   #10
pinkpeonie

Re: Cancer Etiquette: Talking to Someone With Cancer

Hi everyone
It has been good to read your posts - what a wonderful group of ladies !!
I have been looking in for a while and couldn't help responding to what you were chatting about!
I was diagnosed with BC in march this year and have since had a mastectomy and axilliary clearance , chemotherapy, radiotherapy and herceptin. i will be seeing the oncologist tomorrow re tabs.
I have 2 daughters - my youngest has just turned 10. I am still very tired - having recently finished radiotherapy so she has been having tuckshop more than usual at school. She came home very upset last week as her teacher had said to her that now that her mums treatments were over that I should be able to be making her lunch to take to school!! My daughter came to my defence and was trying to explain that I was still recovering and still had to go every 3 weeks for another treatment and could she have tuckshop on those days!! her teachers reply was well there are many mothers who work fulltime that still manage to make their children lunch!!! There are no words!!
My poor daughter has really struggled with my diagnosis - this is certainly not helped by comments such as that!!
I have been amazed at the things that have been said over these many months !

Thanks for sharing your stories !!
x
pinkpeonie is offline   Reply With Quote