Thread: TCH Revisited
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 07:35 PM   #10
chemteach

Re: TCH Revisited

I really appreciate all of your positive comments and words of encouragement. I am home today from the teaching job that I love because of the TCH I had a few days ago. It weakens me and makes me feel so bad, and I owe my students way more than this. High school kids are fantastic and have been on this journey since I came back to school in August after my mastectomy. They've watched my hair fall out and have asked questions and have given me gifts and cards and hugs. The football team made me an honorary captain last week at the game. I don't know how I would ever get through my work without these kids. We all must have something to keep us moving forward. I want to be well and feel like myself again. I'm always optimistic, but I guess it's just a tough day today. Even water tastes bad today. Surely I can get through one more treatment and a year of Herceptin, and I hope this will all be a thing of the past. As I read your posts, you are the heroes, not I, because many of you have much more difficult circumstances. You all encourage me, and I am thankful!
9/19/2011 Started TCH every 3 weeks, TC for six cycles, Herceptin for 1 year

May all of your dreams bloom like daisies in the sun....
chemteach is offline   Reply With Quote