Thread: After taxol
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #16
Unregistered

Smile Re: After taxol

Thanks all! On Oct 15, I gave the keynote speech for a special luncheon event on the Oregon Coast as part of the "Yes, Ma'ams!" campaign which was to raise the approx. $90,000 to buy a digital mammography for the local south coast hospital (they only had one aging film mammography machine for which there are no more parts made to repair and it was breaking down). We are now less than $3500 from complete financing. The money will do more that purchase the machine but will also mean coupons to be handed out for free mammograms for those unable to pay for the test.

I am very happy to be alive and able to see my only daughter finish college, and get married and get a job and a home. I am happy to have been able to be the catalyst for a new charity ..and served as a founding member of the board of directors, Green Village schools (www.greenvillageschools.org) which founded and maintained a school in Helmand province , Afghanistan. A movie was made about this. I was interviewed for it and so appear in it, and my interview in my voice was used for part of the narration.... The film, Stealing the Light, is part of the Peace thru Education series and is being shown nationally....

I am happy for the additional years of usefulness to others.