View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 11:28 PM   #11
sarah

Re: California SB 791 Veoted by Gov. Brown

Hello Kim,
I'm sorry you were not informed, although being informed doesn't always mean something will be done about it - your insurance company may still not have paid for more testing.
I'm not against people being informed but I don't like California getting picked on as some evil state when it has always been at the forefront of preventative medicine and other important to quality of life issues, plus Brown ISN'T AGAINST the idea, only the wording - probably because it's too vague or doesn't have any follow through. That's why I suggest you push for a Federal law. Maybe write Boxer and Feinstein but I don't think anything that might potentially cost a cent will pass through congress now however many lives it might save. Facebook might be a good way to spread the word widely to others, maybe try that?
You have a right to be angry that your doctors and technicians didn't take into account that you had a potential problem and I'm sorry you are suffering those consequences.
Hopefully this new chemo treatment will make you NED. Try to enjoy life each day and your friends and family.
Cancer is a horrible, cruel disease.
Get well.
hugs and love
sarah