View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 01:02 PM   #12
Cam

Re: Need some advice

Hey Tracy, sorry you are going thru the sadness. It's almost a year for me and I am still 4 infusions and one surgery to go. At first we are shocked at the diagnois, then the recomendations, then we make a plan. A few months after our "plan" we realize what exactly we are going thru. My advice to you is to cry when you feel like crying. I find myself crying at all the wrong times along with all the right times. We try to be brave for our families and friends, but we are the ones going thru it and its time to think about "me/us" now. The thought of what has happened to our bodies make me quiver, but I've been told that after time it will just be something we went thru. Everyone in life has something. Whether it be a physical or mental problem, everyone has something to carry in life. We have to try to go thru it the best way we can. So cry now and soon you will have new boobies to smile about. Just think, no need to wear a bra anymore!!! Have faith.

6/00 DCIS left breast - lumpectectomy
LCIS both breasts
Evista 2001 thru 8/2010
8/10 diagnoised w/ Stage 1 invasive carinoma right breast
10/14/10 skin/nipple sparing double mastectomy with reconstruction
right breast - no carcinoma identified 3 axillary sentinal lymph nodes - no carcinoma in 2 right axillary sentinal lymph nodes
left breast LCIS no invasive carcinoma
ER/PR + HER2+ (HER2 gene found in a lymph node)
12/29/10 thru 3/18/11 - 12 weeks of Taxol/Herceptin - March 25th started 3 week Herceptin only treatment.
Right expander had to be removed before chemo due to infection. Replaced in June 2011. I had surgery on the 17th of November, replaced expanders with silicone implants and had my port removed.
Last Herceptin 12/2/11 YEA!!!
4/22/11 started Arimidex
6/15/11 started Boniva
Feb. 2012 started Wellbutrin for depression.
3/26/12 Surgery to try to fix reconstruction.
8/30/12 revision reconstruction surgery.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote