View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #8
MuscleGirl

Re: Scheduled Onc visits at 2nd Year of NED

Dear Survivors/Warriors,

I thank you kindly for your responses. I appreciate your input.

As for me, I am done with treatment( surgery, chemo, rads) and I am trying to move FORWARD with my LIFE. I work at keeping my Temple( mind, body, soul) STRONG! I am doing what I can to better my overall life and not think about what the future might have in store for me.

I can relate to the Survivors who shared that less is more in terms of medical follow up. I know the 5 year plan and beyond is for my good. My oncologist and other team of healers are my safety net. God, I have to say, is my number one Healer.

What I struggle with is the idea of going back to the place that holds so many awful memories. Don't get me wrong, my doctor and the nurses who helped me with my recovery were/are wonderful. Oncology is a tough line of work and not for wimps, that is for sure. The thing about the wellness check-ups is that I am trying to move forward with my life and every time I have to step into the building it's like reliving bad memories all over again. It's a psychological game of sorts that I am working out. I suppose it's all part of the anxiety and stress that comes along with having to undergo labwork, scans, and doctor visits. There is a balance that I have not, in any way, mastered.

I feel the need to say that I do go to my scheduled appointments and I do take the meds prescribed for me. I have completed two years and have several more to go, but I know that doesn't mean that will be it for me. I am sure more is to follow after the 5 year time frame has been completed. I told my husband that this is not the kind of attention I wanted. What to do, this is my new normal.

Take care, God bless to all.
Ines

PS Becky... I have to say that I LOVE your quote. I might have to borrow it for another site that I am a member of as well. Hope you don't mind.
MuscleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote