View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
Debbie L.

Re: DIfferent subtypes of her2+ breast cancer with different prognoses being identifi

This is a really interesting one, Lani. The more I think about it, the more questions I have. Does anyone have access to full text? I'd definitely like to see more information than 5 year overall survival, for example. Many of those in the both groups may have had recurrences but still be living with cancer, at 5 years.

They didn't break the luminals into A and B. Are they assuming that all HER2+ luminals are Bs? With such good stats, maybe it doesn't matter?

I thought that some ER+/HER2+ tumors WERE of the HER2+ subtype, yet they didn't have any further assay to find those. Although as above, with such good stats, does it matter for this focus? It seems they were mainly trying to separate the basals from everything else.

It would be especially interesting to see if Herceptin made any difference at all for the basal HER2+ subtype. Of course, they can't test that now but perhaps they can mine old data, if assays were done to categorize basal HER2+, or if tissue is available.

Debbie Laxague
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote