View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #3
Laurel

Re: What would you do?

Well, Tricia, I would inquire of my Onc. whether the bone scan is sufficient to conclusively rule out bone mets to your rib. They will usually pronounce definitively that the scan would reveal the mets, or suggest further scans or a biopsy if they feel a question remains. Press your Onc. and let her know how worried you are.

Now all the above said, I must tell you I have had a sore left hip off and on for years post cancer. I have found it is irritated by certain positions in which I sit and by some exercise. My scans have been negative. I my case I may just be old and decrepit. You on the other hand, look quite young from your photo, so I doubt that is the case, however you do take anti-hormonal therapy in the form of Tamoxifen and while it does not cause the arthralgia associated with AIs it does affect your estrogen levels. This alone may part of your problem. We seem to be a bit "creaky" without good ol'estrogen. For instance my hip just kills me when I sit with my feet propped up on the coffee table, something I always did prior to my cancer treatment.

Good luck, be persistent, and when it proves to be nothing be extra thankful!

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote