View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #39
sweetsunflwr

Re: HER2 learning more is it a bad thing?

Sorry I left out family history... Let's begin... My Mother died in 1995 of Stage IV breast cancer which lead to secondary breast cancer in her bones. She was diagnoised in 1990 had her right breast removed and that is where they found my cancer and 23 of her lymph nodes were positive malignancy. She had no chemo they put her straight on tamoxifen and the cancer went into her bones 6 months later she lived until June 29, 1995 I was 25 years old when she passed. My oldest sister on my father's side no relation to my Mother, she died at age 54 Stage IV Breast Cancer, My other sister on my father's side age 60 diagnoised with Breast Cancer and two Aunt's as well on Father's side. Oncologist believes this cancer is coming from Father's side as I have a sister on Mother's side with no cancer at all she is at 56. I am the 12th child but my sister's are all half and I have brother's too a total of 7 brothers and 3 sisters. My Mother had 7 kids me being the 7th and my Father had 5 kids me being the 5th. I am the only child from my Mother and Father. I do not know my Mother's diagnosis like HER2+++ or ER/PR+? I have no idea as when she got cancer I was only 17 or 18 and was not up on all the health information at that time. One sister had DCIS with lumpectomy and radiation, my other sister who passed it had spread to her liver before they found out it had started in her breast. So there are so many of close relatives that have been diagnosed that is why he is watching it closely with ct and bone scans... I know pretty crazy in the least.
BRCA1 and BRCA2 - NEGATIVE
March 29, 2010- bilateral mastectomy with the left one being prophalactic--showing a 1.5-mm, invasive, component, grade 3
April 2010-Feb 2011- Reconstruction of both breasts, expanders to implants, with aerola tattooing and nipple reconstruction.
After Surgery pathology report-Pathology shows a 1.5-mm, invasive carcinoma in the setting of DCIS, grade 3
Maximum tumors the size of the DCIS being 7 mm, ER+, PR+ at 90 and 80% respectively. HER-2/neu is 3+
Taking Tamoxifen 20 mg daily for 5 years
www.byebyehooters.blogspot.com - my journey...

what lies before us are tiny matters of what lies within us, which makes us stronger
sweetsunflwr is offline   Reply With Quote