View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #16
Lani

Re: Devasted. Bad news.

yes, mischka I think I have readof using the cyberknife to reirradiate locally. Stanford is the only institution in the world with two cyberknifes (it was invented there) and they have more experience than anyone else using it in locations where other's don't ie, extracranially.

If you can be patient I believe others will answer. It was quite a while ago that Flori posted about her sternal mets--so she has survived a long time with them.

Others probably have as well.

Try putting sternum mets into the search above--that was how i found Flori had them

There are probably others.

It is the weekend, so posting may be slow.

Denosumab has been recently approved vs bc bone mets and appears more effective than zoledronic acid, with less side effects and MAY HAVE its own anticancer effects besides.

There is nothing particular about the sternum which determines that it cannot be treated as successfully as any other bony site. Yes, it is close to the heart and lungs, but Cyberknife pinpoint accuracy should be able to avoid those from what I have read/heard and many other treatments still are available and are becoming available to her2+ stage IVs.

It sounds as if you are NOWHERE near the end of the road in terms of running out of treatments or having something untreatable. Hold on for
other input, I am sure it is coming. If you can't hold on try to email flori

I think her old handle is socal gal, it formally was Flori I think--not sure if she has a different "persona" now. See if you can find out and PM her
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote