View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 02:13 AM   #10
Kavy

Re: Update on Brain Mets

I was on Tykerb/ Herceptin for a year when the MRI found the 3 brain mets. I had Xknife in February, and in March I ended up in the hospital with a lot of pain in my lungs, I had pneumonia and a partially colapsed lung. I was put back on Tykerb/Herceptin, but the chest CT scan showed progression, now the 2 big tumors on the upper left lung became a 6 cm one, plus a progression on the 3 cm in the lower left lobe, and several new small 5mm in both lungs. At the time I had a cough that I felt was getting worse. Then my oncologist stopped Tykerb and started me on Halaven/Herceptin, I sugested him to keep me on Tykerb as well, but he said no.
I also noticed that the cough got even worse when I started Halaven ( I believe this can be a side effect), but after these few treatments my cough is gone. I haven't had a CT scan after I started Halaven, because I had to stop it to prepare for surgery. I do not know when I will have another CT scan, maybe in July, I need to see my oncologist.
Thanks Jackie for helping to answer some of our sisters' questions. You are great.
Thank you all for your prayers and suggestions.
God bless you.
I will keep you updated.
KarlaV.
Kavy is offline   Reply With Quote