View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #15
'lizbeth

Re: TCH- How did it work for you

I'm not a fan of adriamycin. It is a very toxic treatment. I had to fight to get TH. My oncologist was insisting on adriamycin. I insisted on a TOP2A genetic test. The theory that was popular then was adriamycin was effective for those overexpressed on TOP2A. And i was not.

From my research in spring 2008 I found study results showing TCH was similar to ACT. Then I discovered an article that said the C (platinum salts) were effective for those testing postive for BCRA 1&2. So I found a study that compared TH to TCH.

You can over analyze these studies. They truly don't give the whole pictures. If they did - we would have cured Cancer by now.

Hindsight being 20/20, my intuition told me 4 treatments of Taxotere was all my body could handle, 2 were at higher doses that the standard TCH. But I suffered severe cognitive dysfunction as a result.

You can make a decision based on the best medical science at the time of diagnosis. But don't let fear guide your decisions. Listen to your intuition and learn to be flexible if you have difficulties with treatment.
I expected all adverse effects to disappear within a year after chemo.

My advice, keep a journal, a list of issues for your doctor. Ask many questions. Don't make decisions from fear, but from determination to have the longest, highest quality life possible.

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote