View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
Shobha

Re: How to start over...

Hi Ginny,

I am very surprised at what your Onc. said. In fact, in most cases, node negative after neo-adjuvant therapy is considered to have good prognosis. Staying vigilant is always required no matter what, so why he/she said that it may have spread, I just don't get...

Getting back to normal routine was scary prospect for me as well. I remained on disability until I finished herceptin. Those few months were great to recuperate from chemo side affects as well as slowly return to the new normal. Fortunately, my boss and my company was very supportive, so the transition was smooth.

I had a very hectic and stressful job before the dx but on returning , I deliberately took on something that was less stressful,had far less visibility and had a predictable schedule. My children, then 6 and 5 have always been my source of strength. Staying busy was my best way to return to normal although even today, any little cough/cold can get me anxious.

I think you will do great - take your time and things will fall into place...wishing you the best!
BRCA 1 and 2 - Negative
Jan 2008 - Bilateral mastectomy, prophylactic Rt. side.
Radiation for 5 weeks
Completed my yr of herceptin on 07-14-2008
Brain MRI - 3/2/09 Clean
Shobha is offline   Reply With Quote