View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #19
Debbie L.

Re: Decision Time - Need Advice

JRA40,

As you can probably see from the varieties of responses to your question, this is one of the places in breast cancer decision-making where there is not usually a strong medical reason to go one way or the other. The crux of the matter will lie in YOUR preferences and priorities. Sometimes it helps to talk it out with a neutral party or parties, or at least write it out. Two columns, pro and con, perhaps. Each of us will weight the pros and cons differently but seeing them in black and white can help get clarity. And posting them here for comment can also help get clarity. The right answer for one of us could be the wrong answer for the next. SO much to consider.

I won't presume to advise you on YOUR right answer, nor even tell you what was the right answer for me. I will simply encourage you to give yourself as much time as you need to make your decision. When the time is right, you will know. Be open, trust yourself, be patient with yourself, and the answer will be there for you.

And let us know about your decision-making process, and if you have specific questions of course ask them (here). In hearing the (wide) range of choices we've made and degrees of satisfaction we have with those choices, you'll gain confidence that this it the time to TAKE YOUR TIME and trust yourself, as you make the right choice for you.

Debbie Laxague
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote