Thread: Femara Question
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 02:09 AM   #4
Chelee

Re: Femara Question

Kristen,
Femara is the only AI I have been on. I have stopped and started it a couple times due to trts I've been on. Both times I started back on the Femara I always noticed at 1st I have lots of mild aches and pains but nothing to serious. The more you move the better off you are. It's when I sat down too long without moving that I would pay for it dearly. I would get really stiff every where and it was hard to get going at 1st. But once I was up and moving a few minutes the stiffness all went away. So for me it really hasn't been too much of a problem. (I found taking my Femara at bed time helped me sleep thru some of the side affects.)

Since I have stopped and started Femara a couple times, it seems to take me about 4 months or so and my body adjusts to Femara rather well. As time goes on I hardly notice a thing. Some women have a hard time with some of the AI's...but many times just switching to another AI will fix the problem since we are all so different. You just have to see what works for you. Good luck to you.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote