View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #14
jml

Re: update - on wbr & how I'm feeling

Oh Pam!
I'm so glad to see you here on the board, but so heartsick that you're not feeling well. Hang on tight & hang in there.
I remember when I was having such a hard time last summer, I felt exactly the same way...I didn't know how it would be physcially possible to bounce back. And that was so scarey. I remember being so weak that changing the toilet paper roll was a task that brought me to tears, and not even having the energy to laugh or smile at something I saw on TV.
Of course you know intellectually what you should do, like eat & try to sit up, but sometimes even that is too much.
I remember my mom would go and buy me a big 500 calorie smoothie, because that's all I could tolerate, but sometimes it would take me 2 days to finish even just that. Be patient with yourself, all you can do is try. Your body needs the rest in order to heal just as much as it needs nourishment and exercise.
Let everyone around you do as much as they can to help you, like bringing you small bites every couple of hours. A soft scrambled egg and rice always seemed to work for me. High caloric, heavy foods were too much for me, so anything at all that I could take in was a victory. And any bit of nourishment that I was able to take in made a difference.
You are strong in spirit, your body is resilient and wise,
health and healing are just around the corner.
Sending you love and hugs.

Keep the Faith~

Jessica
jml is offline   Reply With Quote