View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 05:09 AM   #4
Lien

Re: second primary breast cancer

Hi Valerie,

Are you postmenopausal? Have you had hormone treatment? I find that after finishing my 5 years of Arimidex and Zoladex, my breasts are changing.

First my periods came back after almost 6 years of blessed relief. Then I developed a strange lump on my right (non BC) nipple. Nobody knows what it is, but there are no indications that it could be cancer. It grew there in three months and then stopped growing. Weird. Am having it checked regularly and check for alarming symptoms, like itch, discharge, retracted nipple, scabs, but none of those have happened.

I had another mammo a month ago because I felt a small lump. They did an ultrasound and declared it a cyst. There were lots of other small cysts that weren't palpable. Now the breast is a bit painfull when touched. It seems the hormonal upheaval caused by menopause is doing all kinds of things I don't like. As long as there's no cancer, though, I'm taking it one step at the time.

My periods took a break for two months, only to return a few weeks ago. During my holiday ofcourse. Grr!

I hope the biopsy will give you peace of mind. I was very, very scared when those first pesky symptoms showed up, but have learned to go with the flow. I freak out less and less. But I do monitor my breasts - and all the rest of me - for weird symptoms. Can't help myself doing that. Once one has had a cancer diagnosis, that's never far from one's mind, is it?

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote