View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 08:45 AM   #4
'lizbeth

Re: Hair Dye post chemo

Heck, I've colored my hair about 20 times since chemo. My husband liked the blond. The biggest problem was the new hair was very delicate. So if you use a box color - well, my hairstylist told me not to leave it on for more than 15 minutes because my new hair was getting fried.

It has been 2 1/2 years post chemo. My hair is still thin & sparse, but improving slightly. I tried to used Nioxin shampoo & conditioner daily. My periods came back. So now I use it twice a week, hair slightly thicker without side effects.

I tried the natural hair colors - but didn't like as well. Jackie - I don't do black,but sometimes medium to dark brown. Hopefully those aren't as bad.

Good luck and stay beautiful!

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote