View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #11
Mary Jo

Re: What has cancer given you? The good and the bad?

Cancer has taught me what really matters. Cancer has shown me what true happiness is and where it lies. All those things we fret over.....stress over......get anxious over. Just about all of it is for naught!

Cancer has given me a stronger confidence in myself. It taught me how strong I am. It taught me where my true priorities are. It has given me a true sense of peace.

I rest in the confidence of knowing my life is in God's hand's and not mans. What will be will be. Things happen to all of us......cancer......other diseases........job loss........lots of things. We can either grow .... persevere .... and learn from what life throws at us or we can cave and run scared. I ran scared at the beginning........I was VERY AFRAID, but have learned that this life is a gift. A gift that one day will end here on earth but will continue in the glorious Home of Heaven waiting for those of us who believe.

Cancer sucks....yes.....but so does all those "bad things" that touch each of us. No one escapes this life with everything going perfectly. No one. It's those "bad things" that help shape us into the people we are today.

And like Becky said, cancer has given me a whole new group of friends. Wonderful, caring and positive people. You all, here at her2support, are among those.

God Bless each of you as you go through whatever it is you are going through. It's tough for many of you. I wish that were not so.

Love to you all....

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06