View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #28
Carol.hope

Re: Advice on work situation

Hi Ginny.
I thought I sent you two messages yesterday, but my internet service was sporadic, and it looks like neither one showed up. Internet is back today, so here goes again.

First, it's not crazy to have mixed emotions about all the changes - it's normal! This is a challenging time, as well as a good time to move forward. You have losses, so grief. You have new opportunities, so optimism. Working around people you don't trust probably isn't good for your health. Here's to good health!

Second, it's good that you have your husband's insurance to move to. When your employer's insurance policy ends, they will send you a Letter of Creditable Coverage or Continuous Coverage, which shows that you've had insurance. With this, the new company cannot make you wait for coverage under their policy. As soon as you know your current insurance is ended, ask for that letter. This is federal law. I'm guessing that they said you get 12 more weeks because you're due that under federal law, too - the American Family and Medical Leave Act.

I have been through this, and imagine many of our HER2 sisters have, too. It may not be fun, but there will come a day when you will finally realize it was for the best. You get to make YOUR life, the way you want it.

You are not alone. We are with you. You will make it!

My best to you, Carol

dx June '05 at age 55
Stage 1, 1.5cm
ER+++, PR--, HER2+++
Lumpectomy, A/C, T/H
Herceptin stopped due to low LVEF (35%)
2010: NED, but continuing major chemo brain injury
www.BeyondChemoBrain.com
Carol.hope is offline   Reply With Quote