View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #25
ginnyg898

Re: Advice on work situation

Hi All:

Wanted to give everyone who was so helpful in this situation an update.

Unfortunately, evil boss pretty much got her way and I am starting on disability on Monday. I am so stressed out and have lost so much weight that my Oncologist is concerned about my recovery from surgery next month. The head of the company said he would make sure my benefits are continued for 12 weeks, but at this point I dont beleive much of what anybody says. They have allowed evil boss to treat me in such a callous and insensitive manner that I no longer believe that there is good in 'everybody'. I have mixed emotions about staying home (crazy; I know ), but I am very happy that I will get to be home with my girls for a while.

I have a question to put out there. Has anyone changed insurance coverage mid-treatment? Did you have any issues with continuation of treatment? As I said, I wouldnt put anything past this woman and would not be surprised if she cancelled my policy before my chair is cold. Worst case I will have to go on my husband's policy. I would like to hear from those that have been thru this.

Thanks, Ginny
ER+/PR-/HER2+
2.2cm tumor/Stage 2A
No node involvement
Tested negative for BRCA 1/2
Participated in a UCLA clinical trial testing TCH and/or Lapatinib in stage 1/2/3 bc patients that can be removed by surgery.
Underwent neo-adjuvant therapy to shrink tumor prior to surgery.
1st Surgery date: 2/16/11
Pathology report indicated ADH/DCIS in margin.
2nd Surgery: 3/21/11
Clean margins!
Started radiation: 4/11/11
Completed radiation: 7/8/11
1st post-surgical mammogram: 8/16/11 - CLEAR!
6 Weeks of Tamoxifen - Failure to Respond
Started Lupron/Arimidex: 8/29/11
Herceptin until September '11

Recurrence - August 2018
Same profile - ER+/PR-/HER2+
Undergoing neo-adjuvant therapy prior to surgery;
Gemzar, Carboplatin, Herceptin & Perjeta
Chemo through the end of 2018...
ginnyg898 is offline   Reply With Quote