View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #18
Unregistered

Re: About my new Miracle Drug, Eribulen (Halaven)

Sheila: I am desperate to find out the results of your Ct/Pet due soon after your taking Halaven for a while. I am in about your same situation, done T-DM1 [kicked out for other reasons than yours], I am now on HERCEPTIN, TYKERB, XELODA, FASLODEX, ZOMETA, and it is not working, I am practically at the "end of the road", I have had just about every drug. My oncologist says he would start me on HALAVEN, but only if I PRE-SIGN TO AGREE to pay in full for it if my insurances dont approve to pay for it. He says that they may refuse to pay for it because I never had an antracycline. My insurances are Medicare and Tricare for Life. I need to get started on it as soon as possible as my skin mets are progressing rapidly, and I am quite aprehensive on pre-committing myself to such exorbitant medical expense, he says it would costs me, if I pay directly, $14,300 per treatment, at twice every 21 days=$343,200 per year[?]. I so look forward to you posting of your test results. It may help me make a decision. Meanwhile I am very happy for you that you have such good results with the medication. Thank you. Patricia