View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #20
TriciaK

Re: update on my progress

I just want to add my thoughts and hugs to all the rest. You are always so quick to cheer others up (and on). I have appreciated so much your concern for me and want you to know how much you are loved and appreciated. You've gotten so much good advice here, and I don't have much to add about all the physical things you are going through, except to agree that you have a right to take it slow. I remember when I was fighting my first breast cancer (almost 26 years ago!) I had been very active with a large family and sharing a full-size psychology practice with my husband. Suddenly I was home, "doing nothing", feeling worthless and depressed about "not accomplishing anything." I told a doctor friend what I was feeling. I have reminded myself many times since of his comment and I think it is most appropriate for you now.He said: "You have to realize that you are working harder right now than you ever have in your life. Healing is hard work. Give your body all the help you can:rest, good food, positive thoughts, even pampering. And don't feel guilty about it!!" It is very good advice for you right now, along with all the rest you have received. I always remind myself that the scriptures say "And it came to pass", not "it came to stay". This too will pass and you will get stronger! Remember we are all thinking and praying for you. Hugs, TriciaK
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote