View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
AlaskaAngel

Re: Anyone on the HRT trials?

I'm not on that trial, but I was a participant in the 2004 low-dose testosterone trial for breast cancer patients. At the time, it was considered equally risky to use testosterone for breast cancer patients, but since then even though that fear still is prevalent, gradually there has been more research done, and more instances that whether or not it is helpful, it may not be harmful. It is still being studied, and as we know, our cancers each have so many variations that it may be true that testosterone is not harmful for most but still may be harmful for some.

I've had no ill effect from it and have continued to use low-dose testosterone from time to time.

I too look forward to the information we gain from participating in genuine research rather than living in ignorance and fear of so many things that haven't been proven to be harmful to us.

Estrogen has gotten a bad rap from having been prescribed so predominantly in a form combined with a progestin rather than being judged by its own merits alone.

AlaskaAngel
IDC 1.9 cm, some DCIS, Stage 1, Grade 3
Lumpectomy, CAFx6 (no blood boosters), IMRT rads, 1 3/4 yr tamoxifen
Rads necrosis
BRCA 1 & 2 negative
Trials: Early detection OVCA; 2004 low-dose testosterone for bc survivors
Diet: Primarily vegetarian organic; metformin (no diabetes), vitamin D3
Exercise: 7 days a week, 1 hr/day
No trastuzumab, no taxane, no AI
NED
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote