View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 09:57 PM   #18
Sherryg683

Re: Could use a little encouragement .....

I love sugar, I love pastries and crave chocolate things. I have sometimes been known to eat my desert before my meal. So, I can't help you with the sugar thing, fruit just doesn't seem to do it for me. I could eat a ton of fruit and it's still not going to satisfy me when I want sugar. The only way I am able to maintain or lose weight is by exercising and watching calories. I play tennis usually around 4 times a week, sometimes more. This time of the year, it seems everyone gets lazy and doesn't want to play as much, so I've put on a few pounds. So now I am trying to keep calories below 1000 a day and trying to get on the courts more. I've also got a hurt foot that I've been stuggling with for a year and don't have the patience to just lay off of, so that makes it harder,so I know where you are coming from there. Chicken, chicken, chicken...stay away from burgers and eat lots of salads...that's what I do.....just snuck a Hersheys kiss and a few M&M's though...good luck..sherry

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote