View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
Chelee

Re: surgery complications - or what?

Hi Pam,
I'm glad your feeling a little better. I still think you made a good decision going to rehab. It would of been to rough for you at home. My Ortho Onc told me I lost alot of blood during surgery. They tried to hold off transfusions for me too but I ended up getting one for the first two days after surgery. So you will probably have one too if your HGB hasn't went up by now. It will make you feel better.

I wish I could help but I have no idea what would cause the diarrhea? But didn't you mention in your other thread you are still doing Tykerb? (I can't rememeber for sure?) But with the shock to your body from surgery and Tykerb that might be the cause of that. As to blood in your urine it might be caused from an infection due to the catheter they use during surgery. They like to get those removed ASAP just for that reason alone. This exact same thing happened to my MIL. So all you might need is some antibiotics to clear it up. Many things can cause blood in urine...but with all your body has been thru with chemo, surgery and all...infections is my 1st thought. I really believe that's all it is. (It's more common then you would think.) Sending lots of healing thoughts and prayers your way.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote