View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 05:24 AM   #8
Becky

Re: new development surgery on Saturday

I want to chime in - first, I am so sorry this is happening to you but it is probably better than it shattering.

If your doctors are hesitant on strong pain meds - tell them you will take the weaker stuff first but want something better on hand "just in case" because you will be going home during the holidays when no one is around and the emergency rooms are a nightmare during this time of year and you don't want to hobble in while quite incapacitated yourself. Get help. I don't know your family situation for when you return home. If there is no one (and friends are hard too because of holiday plans) - get a visiting nurse or something like that set up now. You just might need this and if you only need it a day or two, you can just cancel them. Although I think you will sail through just fine, anticipate the worst and set up you assistance plan in advance. Everything can be cancelled a week or two from now but again, during the holidays, it may be hard to set up if it is needed.

My arms are around you and sending all my love and support.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote