View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #5
Sandra in GA

Re: Half Way Through Chemo

Ginny,

You are half way through~you are almost there! After I had A/C and began Taxol, Herceptin, and lapatinib, I became very ill. My Hgb dropped to 9 which for me (my normal was 14) caused shortness of breath, high pulse rate, nausea, and my white count dropped. My study nurse and oncologist started talking about taking me out of the lapatinib trial. I guess that got me "stirred" up enough to fight back. I told them in no circumstances would I agree to that. They gave me blood which proved to truly be "a gift of life" for me.

I had the Neulasta injections while I had the A/C and they do hurt. I tried to prepare myself for them by telling myself that the pain meant they were working. I discovered the cycle where they would occur and just planned on doing nothing that day. Usually mine lasted only about two days.

You will get through this. Just keep your eye on the goal and don't get stuck in "hell"~keep going......!

Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote