View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 08:51 PM   #32
mamacze

Thumbs up

Dear Michka,
I haven't logged on in many months; but I am glad I checked in tonight. I feel heart sick over your "kick in the gut" news of mets to your liver. It seems so overwhelming; the side effects take their toll and if that isn't enough, you have to quickly get up to speed medically so you can have an intelligent conversation in the short apptment you have with your oncologist.

How is the pain from your neurophysiology and your joint pain? Has that subsided?

More important, how is your heart and soul holding up? Can you strengthen your spirit while you take on yet another treatment option?
I too have dealt with mets to the liver and all 4 lobes of my lungs. I am almost 7 years NED. It has been a long journey with many moments of anguish and heartache; and gut wrenching worry about my children.
Like you, I absorbed as much knowledge as I could believing knowledge is power. I made major changes to my spirituality, diet, got 2 second opinions then researched and joined a clinical trial.
If I can offer even a small drop of support; please feel free to PM me. Stay strong, continue absorbing knowledge and please stay with us and keep us posted on your progress.
Godspeed and blessings to you.
Love Kim from CT

2004 - Stage 4, mets to 4 lobes of lungs and liver, lumpectomy, er/pr -, her2 neu+++, Herceptin and Navelbine then Herceptin only.

2005 - Breast Ca vaccinations with the Tumor Vaccine Group in Seattle

2011 - Still Herceptin only and NED

2011, June - STOPPED Herceptin and kicked up my heels!

2012, February - 1 small tumor came back to haunt me in my lungs - back on Herceptin only, tumor stable.

2015, November - tumor on lungs removed (Segmentectomy), back on Herceptin only
Received U of W vaccine clinical "booster" Vaccine

2022 On Herceptin and NED continues - WOOT WOOT!
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote