View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #27
DianneS

Re: Bad MRI.Liver Met

Hi Michka,

I don't write on this board very much but I saw your post and wanted to respond.

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all of this, but take heart in the posts from women who have been there and are still doing fine.

I am very much an advocate for complimentary alternative medicine or CAM. Perhaps you have this in France? There are oncs here in Canada and I know in the States as well, who will work alongside doctors (naturopaths) who are knowledgeable with herbs and supplements to treat cancer or to stay cancer free. These herbs/supplements can be very potent along with chemo/drugs to help the body. For example, milk thistle is just one herb that can help the liver regenerate and can detoxify it. Naturopaths know what herbs work synergetically with chemo, if that is what you and your doctors decide will work best for you. Also, many herbs and supplements help to heal the body naturally and keep the immune system strong. Chemo tends to trash the immune system. I can give you the phone number of my oncologist naturopath, who works with oncologists in Canada and the US and has people coming from all over to see him. He can either work with you or refer you to an oncologist/naturopath who could help. I'm not saying you should replace the doctors you have now, just suggesting some additional help. Please let me know if you want more info. You can PM me and I will send you this doctor's name and phone number.

All the best,
Dianne
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote