View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #29
Carol.hope

Re: Help with chemo brain

Hi Mary L,
That's what my new oncologist said. I asked her if there was any hope for my brain, and she said, "Of course there is, that's what your book is all about - hope!"

First, I looked up getting a new password (something I am pleased to be able to do!). Here's the scoop:
I forgot my password. What can I do?
If you forget your password, you can click on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. This will appear on any page that requires you to fill in your password.
This link brings up a page where you should enter your registered email address. An email will be sent to that address shortly, with instructions for resetting your password.
Since passwords are encrypted, there is no way to resend your original password. This option provides you with the ability to reset your password.
You must be able to receive emails to your registered email address for this to work. You may need to check your spam filters and folder if you do not see this email in a few minutes.

I do believe that it feels like it's getting worse. In fact, chemo brain (for those of us with chemo brain injury) does get worse for a while, because the stem cells that would become new brain cells have been damaged, so we are not making enough new brain cells to stay ahead. This is why feeding them with brain-supportive supplements is important. (I'm sorry if this is too complicated. My point is: I understand, and there IS hope!).

That is wonderful, that your husband is supportive. That means a lot. Positive energy is important when things are so hard.

My memory is pretty good now. For a long time, yes, the older memories started coming back, but I could not form new, short-term memories. I still do "stupid" things because of this, but learning not to berate myself helped.
Here's how I used to describe my life: "I used to manage multi-million dollar projects, and now I spend most of my time looking for something I had five minutes ago!"
I still can't remember if I did or not did not just do something that I was going to do. I give myself a mental gold star when I remember something somebody told me last week! It's happening more now! Yea!

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.
Carol

dx June '05 at age 55
Stage 1, 1.5cm
ER+++, PR--, HER2+++
Lumpectomy, A/C, T/H
Herceptin stopped due to low LVEF (35%)
2010: NED, but continuing major chemo brain injury
www.BeyondChemoBrain.com
Carol.hope is offline   Reply With Quote