View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #27
Unregistered

Red face Re: Help with chemo brain

Carol, thankyou so much for your message of support. I was feeling like I am the only person to suffer from this ailment for so many years. Most people gradually get over it but, trust me, I think mine gets worse. I will get your book. My husband also says thankyou. He realizes what I am going through and feels bad about it. He is a very loving, patient husband. Are you able to remember things from precancer days? I seem to be able to do that much better than short time memory. I worked in the medical field and I am unable to even think about going back with my "chemo fog". I had adriamycin, cytoxin and taxatere for 9 months. Then when my IBC recurred I had carboplatin for 3 months and then stayed on Herceptin for 5 years, only stopping when my heart was showing signs of slowing down. That is alot of chemo. I am off of Herceptin for 3 years and I am not showing any signs of improvement. Again, thankyou for your message. I am going to buy your book and "try" to read it. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. I actually forgot my password and don't understand how to get a new one. Oh well, thats why I am unregisterd. Oh well, no big deal. Mary L