View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 08:10 PM   #18
Carol.hope

Re: Help with chemo brain

Kiri's Mom,
I agree with Joni. Especially during chemo treatment, it's important to have someone advising you who has knowledge and experience with chemo as well as supplements. I had a Naturopath who had worked in a cancer center, supporting patients as they went through chemo. If you want, I can give you her contacts, and she may (not sure) be able to consult by phone. It would be better, of course, to find someone locally, who can see Kiri. She/he will of course want to see all blood test results, etc.

It sounds like Kiri has a good arrangement with her committe. So she can go for it, but back off if she needs to. That sounds like it would encourage her, without putting her in a bind if she's needing more rest or unable to meet (her) expectations. Life should always be that way, shouldn't it?!

Is PM personal email? I have a list of 20 Recommendations for Healing from Chemo Brain (long-term chemo brain), which I could send you (tomorrow - too tired tonight!). Or I could post them here. Many of them will be relevant for chemo "fog" - the mental fuzziness that comes during treatment.

I have been reading recently that many patients can avoid having anthracyclines (the A of A/C), which are hard on the heart. There may be a specific reason Kiri needs anthracylines, but if this topic has not yet been discussed with the oncologist, it might be worth bringing it up. 5 years ago A/C was standard. I am still dealing with heart problems.

My best to you.
Carol

dx June '05 at age 55
Stage 1, 1.5cm
ER+++, PR--, HER2+++
Lumpectomy, A/C, T/H
Herceptin stopped due to low LVEF (35%)
2010: NED, but continuing major chemo brain injury
www.BeyondChemoBrain.com
Carol.hope is offline   Reply With Quote