View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #16
KirisMum

Re: Help with chemo brain

Thanks, Carol. I would like to know more about the recovery approaches and the supplements. If you want to PM me, that's fine. Kiri's exam IS an oral one, scheduled for December 6. At this point she feels she can handle it okay (she had her second chemo this past Thursday). Her committee has been wonderful, telling her she can bring in notes to help her recall, normally not permitted, and that if she starts to feel ill, they can reschedule. Yes, she IS ambitious--how could you tell? LOL.

Currently she is on a Taxol infusion once a week and daily Lapatinib. I think that is probably milder than what you had to go through. Later on it will get worse. After her surgery (probably in April) she will be on AC for two to three months, infusions every 3 weeks. They've warned her the side-effects from that regimen will be more debilitating. Plus she will be having to deal with the expander from her surgery. Then she gets 6-8 weeks of radiation, then Herceptin every 3 weeks for a year, then Tamoxifen for 5 years. So it will be a long haul for her, but I anticipate the time from her surgery till the end of radiation (so, April through the summer) will be the worst, and that coincides with the college being off for the summer.
KirisMum is offline   Reply With Quote