View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #6
PatE

Re: First POST: Liver resection, hormones, Her2+++ Lots of Questions

Hello,
I was diagnosed stage IV after my double mastectomy, no one thought to run a pet scan before surgery. It was a hugh blunder but I'm just thankful to be alive. My Onc ran several tests before starting TCH, I have since successfully completed chemo. I have weekly herceptin treatments now.
Anyway, I had one met to the liver 2 cm. I opted to be treated by Cyberknife radiosurgery, three treatments with no side effects. I was treated for the liver in August 2008, my last Pet Scan in August 2010 showed my liver is totally clear. There was no mention of the liver other than normal activity along with other organs.
I am now battling a bone met, L2 spine which was treated in May of this year also with Cyberknife. The August Pet Scan showed that the met had decreased in size by about half. I expect the next scan to show that its gone.
When I met with the liver surgeon, his said I was a perfect candidate for resection. When I asked about the Cyberknife he laughed and said it was my life. I asked if I had Cyberknife could I still have the resection if it didn't work and he said yes. I am so happy that I choose not to have surgery, my quality of life is great. Surgery was really tough to recover from for me at least.
After my Cyberknife treatments I went to work with no problems, two weeks after the treatment to the spine I went to Italy for a three week vacation. I was able to keep up and see all places I had only dreamed of. I am confident that between Herceptin and Cyberknife I will live a long long life. I wishing good health for you, you sound like a strong person just know that it does get easier once you have a gameplan. The exercise and diet is also very important. Please email me if you would have any questions.
Pat
PatE is offline   Reply With Quote