View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 02:34 AM   #68
Chelee

Re: What can we do about the delay of TDM-1

Elaine,
Very nicely done...you summed up most of what was all discussed in this thread...pretty good girl. Like you I would like to know why the interest in this thread has been dropped too? Everyone was so fired up and again with great ideas and wham...it all stopped? I do know some got into the EAP sites so they just might be really busy with all the running around? I know when you join a trial your lucky if you can come up for air. But I sure hope those, and anyone else here will feel like jumping in to do their part...it's to help all of us. We can make a difference. Actually with elections coming up, along with Pink October...this is a perfect time to make ourselves heard.

Elaine makes a very good point...cancer can return at any time and it would be so nice to know we all have TDM-1 avaliable instead of all those toxic chemo's to run through! TDM-1 has been such a life saver literally to so many. I sure hope we can get those that were interested in this to come join us. We need to strike now...the sooner the better.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote