View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 08:52 PM   #64
DeenaH

Re: What can we do about the delay of TDM-1

I just heard about this last night and can't believe the FDA did this!

I'm not sure what is happening now with the letters, media, etc, but I have Dr. Slamon's contact info (or his Nurse Practitioner's) and have a consult with him November 22nd. I know that's really far away, but I can bring it up face to face if nobody gets a hold of him sooner.

His nurse practitioner is Kimberly Podsada. She can be reached at (310) 829-5471 and kpodsada.mednet.ucla.edu. I know it's not direct contact to Dr. Slamon, but she works directly with him.

If I can hand deliver a letter or any info in November when I see him, I can do that too. I am not stage IV, but I am scared to death of a recurrence because I still had alot of cancer after chemo, at time of surgery. Before chemo it showed on the PET/CT as being in my mammory nodes as well as my neck, 7-8 axillary nodes and a 7cm tumor in my breast. At surgery, the tumor did shrink to 3.2, but I still had 18/51 positive nodes and cancer in the fatty tissue between levels 1 and 2. Even though I would show as NED on a PET/CT now, I don't believe I am for one second. Even though I don't qualify for TDM1 now, I might need it in the future. Even if I don't, I want to fight for those who need it NOW!

This is just so frustrating!
DeenaH is offline   Reply With Quote