View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #8
PatriceH

Re: Career crossroad

Yes, I had taken the past two days off work. I had the 2nd interview on Thursday came back that afternoon to a phone message, which I delayed responding until this morning. I did spend a few hours with a counselor pinpointing my temperment, which was spot on. So I did confirm that I do have strong clarity about who I am. I AM in the right profession, just not in the right place. I've been talking with a friend, and my sister. Today I spent cleaning, which is good for the house and good for the soul. I cried. But I also took myself out to lunch to digest the packet from the new opportunity with respect to benefits, etc. I sat in the park and did my homework from the counselor...made a list of pros and cons. Talked again tonight to my sister and her husband.

I do agree that serious decisions should wait until a year after life-changing things, but I also know that obviously as evidence by my seeking out advice here, that I am not being compulsive. I'm analyzing this thing to death That alone gives me comfort.

I'll keep watching for other advice. Thanks for your input.
PatriceH is offline   Reply With Quote