View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
Mary Jo

Re: More on giving up hope, taking up action

Thanks Debbie for sharing what you feel. I agree somewhat.....pink toasters....pink blenders.....pink vacuum cleaners....good Lord! However, in an odd sense, I also like it. I like that people remember......I like that the people I know "remember" and continue to encourage me.

I am one of those that wear some form of pink (even if it's just a ribbon pin), every day in October, as a way to "honor" those who have the disease still and those of us who had it......as a way to continue to make people aware.......for people to feel they can ask a question (and I have had people come up to me often during the month of October to ask me a question or share a fear about themselves and possible breast cancer.)

So, although I agree that it is a bit over the top.......I am proud, in an odd sort of way (not sure proud is the right word)that "we" are not forgotten. I'm proud of who I've become since my diagnosis....proud of all the Lord has taught me. So, yes, I guess "proud" is the word I was searching for.

So, although this month is "awareness" month.....it is also a time for me to be reminded of all I went through and a time to be reminded of all my "sisters and brothers" who battle this disease still.

So, awareness is good.......but also, you are right......it is a bit much.

Love and hugs,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06