View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #11
joletta

Re: Aunt just diagnosed, now what?

Hi Bejuice,
So sorry to hear abot your aunt dx. I have had my mom pass away from breast cancer at age 58 her 2 pos. I had an aunt have an early diagnose over 10 years ago. and 2 nd cousins w/her 2 breast cancer one here today one not. (both my mom & coisin were dx stage 4 and I think they missed a lot of mamograms. I had been asking to recieve a mamogram since age 28 every year repoutiosly since my mom passed, ..however I was denied recieving one told I was not @ risk untill age 45 ten yrs before my mom was dx. I continuaded to be pesistant at age 35 6 weeks after my daughter was born the dr said she felt milk in my ducts ( I never breast fed) and to wait 6-8 more months for all trapped milk to be gone and go.That is what i did..I was called back in that night for a next day appointment and within 3 days for a biopsy.My first opion breast surgeon told me all DCIS m 3 areas and I was in "no rush for a surgery" If it took 12-14 weeks to schedule w/ a plastic surgeon then no problem. Luckily I got a 2nd opion who said there is an invasive component and surgery was immediately shceduled in 2 weeks. I am brac 1/2 negative..however my oncologist still thinks there is some kind of undetected mutation. I will be get my ovaires out or hystertomy decided my a new oncologist gyno. Since I am still getting treatments we will check the ovaries trans vaginal ultrasound every 3 months and will schedule either a oopherectomy or hystertomysomewhere around when her ends aug 2011. if doctors dont give you a decision you feel confortable w/ im learning to do all my own research and demand the care you feel confortable with.
Please explain to me the other options you mentioned instead of the oopheroctomy.
Thank You,
joletta
may 4 2010 port import
may 6 2010 clean ct scan & bone scan
may 11 2010 start 4 A/C (finish aug 3 2010)
aug 17 2010 start weekly herceptine & taxol 12xs (end date of oct 19 2010)
nov-dec 2010 30 radation
(plan permanent implants for feb or mar 2011)
continue on herceptine till aug 2011

Love & prayers to everyone
Joletta
joletta is offline   Reply With Quote