View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 07:43 AM   #6
Vic

Re: Urgent question on behalf of a friend

Good Morning Fabulous Women,

Thank you for sending your thoughts on this. I'd only seen Becky's last night and will forward the others to my friend today. I really appreciate your help as I know Joanne, who is in the healthcare industry is very concerned. As I told her, she's got the right attitude and with her mother-in-law's fighting spirit and a love of life, no matter what other medical issues are confronting her, her medical team needs to give it their very best. First off, here's Joanne's response to your posting I sent, Becky:

"Vicki,
Thank-you so much! This info is going to be really helpful. When we transfer Irma up here next month I will know exactly what to ask the new oncologist. I heard the Kaiser oncology dept. in the Antelope Valley is great and I happen to have worked with a few of the primary care docs at Kaiser in the past so I'll have back-up. She had a chest x-ray and a CAT scan has been ordered which we will have done when she gets here and then we will know more.

Again...Thank-you for your time and effort. I'm going to get" Breast Cancer for Dummies" for sure!"

So, her2 women, thanks again for all this excellent info. for her to consider. I'll let you know how she's doing when I hear from Joanne.

btw, Becky, I LOVE your new photo and I do hope you have another West Coast trip as I miss you and our conversations more than you know and I'd love to catch up and continue again when you're here.

XO,

Vicki
Paget's of the nipple, Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma and DCIS of the rt breast
Bloom-Richardson score 8/9, P53+ 60-70%, Ki-67+ 30-40%
Skin-sparing mastectomy with immediate lat-flap reconstruction and saline implants, 1/04
Chemo: FAC, five sessions every three weeks Feb.-May 04, then switched to HTC weekly for 12 weeks, June-Aug 04
Zometa every 6 months for osteopenia, started April 09
Vic is offline   Reply With Quote