View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #19
cc4npg

Re: New to this.. Just dx dcis/idc Scared

So I have yet another question, if anyone has had immediate reconstruction. I'm seriously a very small person, 5'2", 103 lbs currently, size 0-1. I'm probably in all honesty a 34A, or 32B, but I've always had trouble finding bras to fit because I just don't fill them out... even a 34A, so maybe I'm smaller than I think. Anyway, I was looking to see what I might expect after expanders. And I'm confused a bit. If I have Her2 or triple negative, will I be able to have the recon immediately? And since I'm so little, do you think they'll opt to place something in the right side at surgery or what? Her2/triple negative automatically get chemo no matter what size cancer it is right? But do they automatically get rads too, even with mastectomy?

Cleveland Clinic said judging by my films, the result if IDC was a shocker to my doc. The radiologist was really on their toes with my films. I'm sticking to my local doc, because I did feel comfortable with them and they're closer to get to in the winter. I heard about Dr. Singh from someone else. If I'm not mistaken, they said this doc was the sweetest person they'd met.

I've had an MRI last week. It showed increased density in the left breast where the biopsy was done, as well as a density in the upper inner quadrant and made some reference to "small non-specific lymph nodes in axilla". This is what the nurse read. I figure the increased density is hopefully from the biopsy itself. The other density may or may not be anything to worry about. Have no idea about the mention of lymph nodes. I figure if they were really bad, it would have said suspicious of invasion, or swollen, or both. I do know that on my biopsy, it said lymphatic and vascular invasion were absent, so I'd be more inclined to believe the cancer is just in the one area. What do you think?

Adelay, We should meet sometime! I'm seriously not far from mechanicsburg and had a client up there.

Dx 9/2/10 DCIS
DX 9/3/10 Invasion, IDC
ER-, PR-, Her2 equivocal, FISH pending
9/12/10 Triple Negative!
BRCA2 positive
cc4npg is offline   Reply With Quote