View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #16
adelay

Re: New to this.. Just dx dcis/idc Scared

My surgeon is Dr. Nedleman, love him! My oncologist is Dr. Singh and my radiation oncologist is Dr. Victor, both wonderful too, very easy to talk to, very compassionate and knowledgeable. They all work together at the Springfiled FRegional Cancer Clinic is SPringfield. I went to see Dr. Provoski at OSU, Breast cancer surgeon oncologist, he was really nice too but it was personally just too big of a place for me. He was in complete agreement with the Springfield doctors and I felt more comfortable there so that is where I have been. Make sure you ask around and get other peoples thoughts about certain Doctors and make sure you feel comfortable with them, this is a life long team and you all need to work together to get through it. I would think if they are a breast clinic they would be pretty knowledgeable, I have a friend who is an oncologist in Cincinnati but he used to work at Miami Valley, if there is a certain Dr. you would like me to ask him about let me know and I will see what his thoughts are about them.

DX April 2009 age 40
IDC Triple Positive
7 of 14 nodes positive
Lumpectomy May 2009
Port May 2009
AC done in Sept 2009
T done Dec. 2009
Herceptin (should finish Oct. 2010)
Mastectomy January 2010
Radiaition x 33 done April 2010
Tamoxafin for five years
Herceptin done!