View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
cc4npg

New to this.. Just dx dcis/idc Scared

I've never fit into a group.. until now. I don't know yet if I will be classified as triple negative or Her2. Went in for mammo early Aug, called back for magnified views which led to biopsy. Four microcalcifications, left breast, very inferior, lower about 6 or 7 o'clock, closer to chest wall.. no mass seen, there was a question of a density. I had no lump, no pain, no soreness, felt fine actually. There've been no swollen nodes under my arms to best of my knowledge, although I do remember months ago having a sore place under my right arm, but this is my left breast. I had a mammo in 09, which showed microcals in the right breast, and those are still there, unchanged, so this was a new area.

Anyway, biopsy preliminary report was DCIS (so I'm to assume I have that too?). However they were waiting on additional tests for a couple of "focal areas of suspicious invasion". Those tests came back the following day and all I've heard is "invasive ductal carcinoma".. "there was invasion" (is this what they call microinvasion?). I asked about any numbers or letters and they said, ER-, PR-, Her2 equivocal, FISH pending.

That's all I know. I was petrified of this, and now I think I'm a bit more at peace (God has given me a few signs). I was thinking to begin with, "I'm done... this is it.. I'm going to die". Now, just 48 hours later, I'm thinking, "No, the majority do not die, but it is a battle". At first I was worried about how I might look if I had to lose a breast, not to mention hair! Now? I could care less about a breast or hair (it'll grow back)... I just want to live.

Have tons of questions. How did yours present? Are there any similarities between mine and yours? Was yours small? From what mine appears, does it sound small and early? (4 microcals, no mention of mass, microcals .2 mm each, and about 1 mm away from each other) I'm worried about the placement... lower, inferior, close to chest wall. I have had no symptoms, no lump, no chest pain, nothing. I was sick earlier in the year, with what I thought was upper resp infection, but doc thought it was histoplasmosis because a ct scan found some scaring and nodules in lungs... BUT, and I hope and pray this is good, the contrast ct didn't show any enhancement to any nodules that weren't calcified. Yes, my mind is going in all kinds of directions... but logically it would seem if I had cancer that bad, I would certainly have some symptoms (lump, shortness of breath, cough, something).

Please help me get a grip on this and tell me some of your diagnosis/treatments. Thanks so much...

Angelisa
cc4npg is offline   Reply With Quote